Town of Harmony
Date: June 13, 2018
Time: 7:30 pm Regular meeting
Place: Town Building
1001 Blockville – Watts Flats Rd
Ashville, NY 14710
Members Present: John Brown Supervisor
Peter Radka Councilman
David Hinderer Councilman
Jeff Jordan Councilman
Cheryl Wares Councilman
Tim Card Highway Superintendent
Shelly Johnson Town Clerk
Visitors: Bill King, Marcus King
Deputy Supervisor Brown opened the regular meeting of the Town of Harmony at 7:30 pm at the above time and place.
Approval of minutes
Resolution 20 -18
On a motion by Councilman Wares, seconded by Councilman Jordan the following resolution was
ADOPTED 5 ayes Radka, Wares, Jordan, Hinderer, Brown
Resolved that the minutes of May 9, 2018 be approved.
- As read by the town clerk.
- 5 permits issued.
Planning Board Update:
- Still trying to find members to fill the board
Animal Control Officers Report:
- No Report
- Court reports from December 2017 to March 2018 where presented for audit. Audit approved by David Hinderer
Highway Superintendents Report:
- Clean up days went very well.
- $1060 was generated from scrap metal. This money was sent to the book keeper for deposit
- All road sides have been mowed twice
- Paving in Blockville has been completed.
- Cross road and Cherry Hill road have had millings put down. Will be oiled and stoned later.
Town Clerk Report:
- Financial report of the Town Clerk’s office was given
- Correspondence was received concerning the consolidation of courts between municipalities. NYS law states that we must have our own justice.
- On May 15th the Highway Fund at Community Bank was hacked and money was taken from the account. The money has since been recovered. A plan has been implemented by the bank and Supervisor Brown to keep closer track of transactions on the accounts. 2-3 times a month when transfers need to be made
Supervisor Brown will have to approve them before the money leaves the account.
- The SAM Grant is has made it through the legislature and is now at the NYS department of budget.
- The Castelli Grant will be voted on June 27th. The Lien on the property has been satisfied.
- The Dollar General site clearing has been stopped until final payment of the property is made.
- Superintendent Card reported – As per the DEC there will be no more salt brine spread on Town roads. The brine contains too much barium. Brine has been used in the town for both dust control and ice control.
Town Clerk presents bills for payment:
On a Motion of Councilman Hinderer and Seconded by Councilman Wares the following resolution was
ADOPTED 5 ayes Radka, Jordan, Wares, Hinderer, and Brown
Resolved that the bill be paid on Abstract # in the following amounts
General $ 8,679.64 Voucher #’s 87-110
Highway $37,000.84 Voucher #’s 75-87
With no further business, on a motion by Councilman Hinderer, seconded by Councilman Jordan the meeting was adjourned at 7:50 pm. Carried Unanimously.
Respectfully Submitted by:
Shelly Johnson, Town Clerk
Please Note: The next meeting will be held on July 11, 2018 @ 7:30 PM.