Date: March 8, 2017
Time: 7:30 PM
Place: Town Building
1001 Blockville – Watts Flats Rd
Ashville, NY 14710
Members Present: William Lawson Supervisor
Tim Card Highway Superintendent
Peter Radka Councilman
David Hinderer Councilman
Jeff Jordan Councilman
Shelly Johnson Town Clerk
Absent: Cheryl Wares Councilman
Supervisor Lawson opened the regular meeting of the Town of Harmony at 7:30 pm at the above time and place.
Approval of minutes
On a motion by Councilman Jordan, seconded by Councilman Hinderer the following resolution was
ADOPTED 4 ayes Lawson, Radka, Jordan, Hinderer
Resolved that the minutes of February 8, 2017 be approved.
- No permits issued in February. Starting property maintenance letters.
Planning Board Update:
- No report
- Supervisor Eddy suggested we drop the membership from 5 to 3 since we are having a hard time filling the board seats. He will talk to the Town attorney and see what needs to be done.
Animal Control Officers Report:
- Two calls received. One about a missing dog and one about using pepper spray.
- The ACO is in need of new equipment such as bite gloves, journal record book and other items.
- January and February 2017 court reports were submitted for audit. The February check and report do not match. The Supervisor will contact the judge for a correction.
Highway Superintendents Report:
- Roads are in rough shape after the winter
- Superintendent Card traveled to Albany for the annual Highway Superintendents meeting. There were over 700 Superintendents there lobbying for more money for road repairs.
Town Clerk Report:
- Financial report of the Town Clerk’s office was given
- Assessors report as read by Town Clerk
- Financial report of the Town was given
- Supervisor Lawson reported on some unwanted press the Town has received from a radio station reporting there is a KKK member residing in the Town. The report stated they had talked to Town officials when they had not. The Supervisor asked for the station to run revise the article.
- Supervisor Lawson asked the board’s permission to write a letter of support to Cathy Young and Andy Goodell supporting the Repeal the safe act. The Board agreed.
- Supervisor Lawson is still attending meetings looking for more grant money for the highway building addition. Many grants don’t apply to us because it is for highway and not the courts.
- Superintendent Card and Councilman Radka have met with Gene from Jamestown Industrial Welding. They are hoping to have a figure on the addition by the end of the week.
- Annual report of the Town has been completed and filed by Bahgat & Laurito-Baghat.
Town Clerk presents bills for payment:
On a Motion of Councilman Hinderer and Seconded by Councilman Radka the following resolution was
ADOPTED 4 ayes Radka, Lawson, Jordan, Hinderer
Resolved that the bill be paid on Abstract #3 in the following amounts
General $19,461.61 Voucher #’s 35-48
Highway $19,067.79 Voucher #’s 29-49
With no further business, on a motion by Councilman Hinderer seconded by Councilman Jordan the meeting was adjourned at 7:52 pm. Carried Unanimously.
Respectfully Submitted by:
Shelly Johnson, Town Clerk