Town of Harmony
Date: May 11, 2016
Time: 7:30 PM
Place: Town Building
1001 Blockville – Watts Flats Rd
Ashville, NY 14710
Members Present: William Lawson Supervisor
Tim Card Highway Superintendent
Peter Radka Councilman
Jeff Jordan Councilman
Cheryl Wares Councilman
David Hinderer Councilman
Shelly Johnson Town Clerk
Visitors: Pam Ireland, Town Historian, Rosenbroch
Supervisor Lawson opened the regular meeting of the Town of Harmony at 7:30 pm at the above time and place.
Pam Brown presented the Board with her report and plans for a town wide celebration for the town bicentennial. A town day is planned for July 30th at Panama Rocks. Reduced admission will be offered to Town residence. Mrs. Brown will have historical exhibits on display. She is asking the Town board to form a committee to organize a town picnic and possibly entertainment. Councilman Radka, Jordan and Hinderer all expressed an interest in helping. The Board needs to find someone to head up the committee.
Mr. Rosenbroch spoke to the board about the possibility have instituting a dog at large law or a leash law. A discussion was held about the townships feelings on leash laws. The last time a leash law was introduced the residence of the Town overwhelmingly said no. Supervisor Lawson will contact the town attorney concerning alternatives. Mr. Rosenbroch was advised by the sheriff that if he feels threatened by the dog he should shoot it. Mr. Rosenbroch fears retaliation from the dog owner Ms. Smith.
Approval of minutes
On a motion by Councilman Radka, seconded by Councilman Jordan the following resolution was
ADOPTED 5 ayes Lawson, Radka, Jordan, Wares, Hinderer
Resolved that the minutes of April 13, 2016 be approved.
• 4 permits issued
• Continued to send out letters for clean up
Planning Board Update:
• No report
Animal Control Officers Report:
• No Report
• The court is now up to date with their reports
Highway Superintendents Report:
• Superintendent Card presented the shared highway agreement to be signed by the board.
• New truck is in
Town Clerk Report:
• Financial report of the Town Clerk’s office was given
• Financial report of the Town was given
• Empire Cheese in Blockville has suffered a containment pond spill and was shut down for 4 days by the DEC.
• Ashville Library Contract was presented for approval and signatures.
• National Grid will be building a transformer substation off of Swede rd. Supervisor Lawson and Superintendent Card meet with a National Grid representative to discuss the project. The anticipated completion date of the project is summer of 2019.
Town Clerk presents bills for payment:
On a Motion of Councilman Wares and Seconded by Councilman Hinderer the following resolution was
ADOPTED 5 ayes
Resolved that the bill be paid on Abstract # in the following amounts
General $ 6,025.78 Voucher #’s 54-76
Highway $132,702.39 Voucher #’s 52-69
With no further business, on a motion by Councilman Jordan, seconded by Councilman Hinderer the meeting was adjourned at 8:54 pm. Carried Unanimously.
Respectfully Submitted by:
Shelly Johnson, Town Clerk
Please Note: The next meeting will be held on June 8 @ 7:30 PM.