Town of Harmony
Date: September 10, 2014
Time: 7:30 PM
Place: Town Building
1001 Blockville – Watts Flats Rd
Ashville, NY 14710
Members Present: William Lawson Supervisor
Peter Radka Councilman
Jeff Jordan Councilman
Cheryl Wares Councilman
David Hinderer Councilman
Shelly Johnson Town Clerk
Absent: Tim Card Highway Superintendent
Supervisor Lawson opened the regular meeting of the Town of Harmony at 7:30 pm at the above time and place.
Approval of minutes
On a motion by Councilman Radka, seconded by Councilman Jordan the following resolution was
ADOPTED 5 ayes Lawson, Radka, Jordan, Wares, Hinderer
Resolved that the minutes of August 13, 2014 be approved.
As read by the Town Clerk
- 3- permits-$200,000
- Received a call from farm magazine wanting info on Empire Cheese for an article. I had none to give. Forwarded me articles concerning Empire Cheese. Gave Copies to Shelly
- Spoke with power of attorney for Mr. Cornell. Visited property personally. Took photos to share with Mr. Cornell. Hope to have everything done by October.
- Training in September.
Planning Board Update:
- No report
- Mark Sikora will take one of the open positions
Animal Control Officers Report:
- No Report
- No reports
Highway Superintendents Report:
- As read by the Town Clerk
- Paving projects competed
.9 mile on Waltonian Rd
.4 mile on Muzzy Hill Rd
.3 mile on Dole Rd
- Surface treating completed
Hoag rd. from Washington St to Madden Rd
Swede Rd. – Hill Higher portion
- Fixed pipe on Demmings rd. – pour new concrete floor in tube. 30 yd. concrete
- Replace Cross pipes on Swede and Goshen Rd.
- Road sides mowed
- Graded dirt roads
- New grader will be in next week
- Would like to ask the Town Board to transfer $10,000 from the Reserve fund to the General fund building account to pour a concrete apron in front of the highway building 30’ x 105’.
On a motion by Councilman Jordan and Seconded by Councilman Wares, the amount of $10,000 shall be transferred from the reserve fund to the general fund building for the purpose of pouring a concrete apron along the front of the Harmony Highway building. All Aye. So Moved.
5 ayes Lawson, Radka, Jordan, Hinderer, Wares
Town Clerk Report:
- Financial report of the Town Clerk’s office was given
- Pam Brown will like to come speak to the Town board concerning the 2016 celebration
- Charlie Loveless approached the Town Clerk stating that the cemetery in Panama was having financial trouble. A brief discussion was held as to what could be done to help the cemetery
- Financial report of the Town was given
- Still working on sign quotes. Highway Superintendent Card has passed word along that Tim Baron would be a possibility in doing the sign. The Supervisor said to call and get a quote.
- Mr. Adams has contacted the Supervisor again concerning the town’s position on fracking. Since the state has a moratorium on fracking the Board has formed no opinion as of yet.
- Cheese factory is moving ahead.
- No old business
- Budget Workshop will be October 15, 2014 at 7 pm at the Highway Building. Supervisor Lawson will call the accountant to confirm the date
- Public Hearing on the budget will be November 5, 2014 @ 7:15
Town Clerk presents bills for payment:
On a Motion of Councilman Hinderer and Seconded by Councilman Wares the following resolution was
ADOPTED 5 ayes Lawson, Radka, Jordan, Hinderer, Wares
Resolved that the bill be paid on Abstract # 9 in the following amounts
General $ 3,762.47 Voucher #’s 153-166
Highway $ 94,526.78 Voucher #’s 117-129
With no further business, on a motion by Councilman Wares, seconded by Councilman Hinderer the meeting was adjourned at 7:55 pm. Carried Unanimously.
Respectfully Submitted by:
Shelly Johnson, Town Clerk
Please Note: The next meeting will be held on October 8, 2014 @ 7:30 PM.