Town of Harmony
Date: May 14, 2014
Time: 7:30 PM
Place: Town Building
1001 Blockville – Watts Flats Rd
Ashville, NY 14710
Members Present: William Lawson Supervisor
Peter Radka Councilman
Jeff Jordan Councilman
Cheryl Wares Councilman
David Hinderer Councilman
Shelly Johnson Town Clerk
Absent: Tim Card Highway Superintendent
Supervisor Lawson opened the regular meeting of the Town of Harmony at 7:30 pm at the above time and place.
Approval of minutes
On a motion by Councilman Jordan, seconded by Councilman Hinderer the following resolution was
ADOPTED 4 ayes Lawson, Radka, Jordan, Hinderer
Resolved that the minutes of April 9, 2014 be approved.
As read by clerk
Planning Board Update:
- No report
- Supervisor Lawson would like everyone’s input on new planning board members.
Animal Control Officers Report:
- No Report
Highway Superintendents Report:
- Superintendent Card was unable to attend the meeting. His report was read by Supervisor Lawson
- Siding is complete on the Town Building. Next step will be a new sign for the building listing the highway department and the justice court
- Spring cleanup this weekend
- Excavator is in use
- Supervisor Lawson asked about the bulletin board.
- It was in disrepair and was not planned on being hung up. The Town website is 24/7 access and the post office in Panama. During business hours there is bulletin board access in the clerk’s office
Town Clerk Report:
- Financial report of the Town Clerk’s office was given
- Reservations for the park have been up.
- Financial report of the Town was given
- The accountant has asked for a transfer of $500 from A1990.4 Contingent Account Contractual to A9050.8 Employee Benefits Unemployment and $17 from B8010.4 Zoning Contractual to B8020.1 Planning Personal Services. On a motion by Councilman Hinderer and seconded by Councilman Jordan the transfers are approved. All aye. so moved.
- Audit Response from the comptroller’s office was discussed. Supervisor Lawson will be asking for the court reports from the Judge by the 5th of each month. It will be added to the agenda and noted when we do not receive them.
- No old business
- No new business
- Councilman Radka asked about a tax cap rebate he read about. Supervisor Lawson will check with Randy Holcomb about it.
Town Clerk presents bills for payment:
On a Motion of Councilman Radka and Seconded by Councilman Wares the following resolution was
ADOPTED 5 ayes Lawson, Radka, Jordan, Wares, Hinderer
Resolved that the bill be paid on Abstract # in the following amounts
General $7,182.48 Voucher #’s 66-86
Highway $3,939.20 Voucher #’s 51-69
With no further business, on a motion by Councilman Wares, seconded by Councilman Hinderer the meeting was adjourned at 7:45 pm. Carried Unanimously.
Respectfully Submitted by:
Shelly Johnson, Town Clerk
Please Note: The next meeting will be held on June 11, 2014 @ 7:30 PM.