Town of Harmony
Date: February 23, 2013
Time: 7:30 PM Regular Meeting
Place: Town Building
1001 Blockville – Watts Flats Rd
Ashville, NY 14710
Members Present: William Lawson Supervisor
Tim Card Highway Superintendent
Beverly Lubi Councilman
Peter Radka Councilman
Shelly Johnson Town Clerk
Melanie Eddy Code Enforcement Officer
Absent: Jeff Jordan Councilman
Supervisor Lawson opened the regular meeting of the Town of Harmony at 7:30 pm at the above time and place.
Approval of minutes
On a motion by Councilman Lubi, seconded by Councilman Radka the following resolution was
ADOPTED 4 Ayes Radka, Lawson, Jordan, Lubi
Resolved that the minutes of January 9, 2013 be approved with one correction.
- There is a buyer interested in the AFA foods (Fairbank Farms) facility. CEO Eddy and Councilman Radka met with the interested party to go over zoning issues and inspect the current facility. The buyers are requesting a letter from the Town welcoming them to area. On a motion by Councilman Radka and seconded by Councilman Lubi the Town Clerk will draft a letter for Saturn Pet Care Inc. welcoming them to town. All aye. So moved.
- One permit was issued for January
Zoning & Planning Board Update:
- Cheryl Wares Planning Board Chairman discussed the Comprehensive Plan with the board. She indicated that the current planning board is done working on the plan. The Town Board recognizes its been a long process but some loose ends such as using the current census data needs to be done.
- Supervisor Lawson spoke with Mrs. Abbate concerning appointing Mr. Abbate to the BAR. She didn’t know if he would have time but she maybe interested.
Animal Control Officers Report:
- No report from the ACO
- The Town Clerk reported that the Mayor of Panama is dealing with a dog clean up issue. The Clerk will be running a press release of some kind reminding people to license and curb their dogs.
Highway Superintendents Report:
- Superintendent Card reported that the highway equipment is holding up very well.
- Councilman Radka asked about the possibility of putting a traffic mirror of some sort up at the end of Waltonian rd at the railroad underpass. Visablitly is very poor for both traffic from Waltonian and from Hoag rd. Superintendent Card will look into the cost and feasibility.
Town Clerk Report:
- Financial report
- Thank you card received from Todd & Melanie Eddy
- Financial report given
- Received Bahgat and Laurito-Bahgat agreement presented. On a motion by Councilman Lubi and seconded by Councilman Radka the board agreed to the annual contract. All aye. So moved.
- Received annual library contract
- Resolution for Community bank to update officers of the Town was presented and signed by the board.
- No old business
- Resolution 3-13 adopted to accept the standard work day resolution as presented by the Town Clerk. All aye. So moved.
- Resolution 4-13 in support of bills A88 and A824 in the NYS assembly as presented by the Town Clerk. All aye. So moved.
Town Clerk presents bills for payment:
On a Motion of Councilman Radka and Seconded by Councilman Lubi the following resolution was
ADOPTED 3 Ayes Radka, Lubi, Lawson
Resolved that the bill be paid on Abstract #2 in the following amounts
General $5,322.45 Voucher #’s 17-36
Highway $17,212.36 Voucher #’s 11-34
With no further business, on a motion by Councilman Radka, seconded by Councilman Lubi the meeting was adjourned. Carried Unanimously.
Respectfully Submitted by:
Shelly Johnson, Town Clerk
The next meeting will be held on March 13, 2013 @ 7:30 PM.