Town of Harmony
Date: July 11, 2012
Time: 7:30 PM Regular Meeting
Place: Town Building
1001 Blockville – Watts Flats Rd
Ashville, NY 14710
Members Present: Todd Eddy Supervisor
Tim Card Highway Superintendent
William Lawson Councilman
Beverly Lubi Councilman
Peter Radka Councilman
Jeff Jordan Councilman
Shelly Johnson Town Clerk
Melanie Eddy Code Enforcement Officer
Visitors: Michael Lane Debbie Reardon
Supervisor Eddy opened the regular meeting of the Town of Harmony at 7:30 pm at the above time and place.
Approval of minutes
On a motion by Councilman Radka, seconded by Councilman Jordan the following resolution was
ADOPTED 5 Ayes Eddy, Lawson, Radka, Jordan, Lubi
Resolved that the minutes of June 13, 2012 be approved.
As Read by CEO.
- 5 permits issued
- The CEO was asked what the requirements for a pool permit are.
Removal Ladder or locking gate
Inspected underground electric
Zoning & Planning Board Update:
- No Report from the Planning Board
- Michael Lane was on hand to present to the Board his plan for the Ash Bash. Mr. Lane reported that this 3 day event will be held on July 27, 28, 29 at 1136 Hoag rd Ashville. They have 27 bands coming with camping, vendors and a beer truck. Mr. Lane stated that he had contacted the Town Clerk and that she had told him it was fine to have a party of less than 10,000 people. Town Clerk Shelly Johnson has never spoken to Mr. Lane before today. Mr. Lane also stated that Melanie Eddy CEO told him he could have a party. Mrs. Eddy would like it noted that she answered what was asked. Can you have a party with a band? Yes you can. Can you have a 3 day party with 27 bands? No you can not with out a permit. Mr. Lane is confused about where his party is located. It is in the Town of Harmony not North Harmony. Mr. Lane was referred to the ZBA for a Special Use Permit. Mr. Lane was given an application for the party and the CEO’s phone number. A date for the ZBA hearing will be set.
Animal Control Officers Report:
- No report
Highway Superintendents Report:
- Highway Superintendent reported that one of his employees will be off until September due to an injury sustained off the job. No replacement will be used.
- Paving will continue on Stevens rd and Eddy rd this week.
- Roof abetment test came back with no asbestos. Good news.
- Superintendent Card and Councilman Radka will hold a bid opening for a new roof in August.
- The loader will be traded next month for $3300.00
Town Clerk Report:
- Financial Report
- Court Reports for audit
- The Town Clerk will not be at the meeting on August 11. Deputy Clerk Vicki Torres will be there.
- Financial Report
- Check from the State of New York for Court Fines and Fees was turned over to the accountant
- No old business
- No New Business
Town Clerk presents bills for payment:
On a Motion of Councilman Lubi and Seconded by Councilman Rakda the following resolution was
ADOPTED 5 Ayes
Resolved that the bill be paid on Abstract #7 in the following amounts
General $5,481.51 Voucher #’s 204-221
Highway $6,880.92 Voucher #’s 174-187
With no further business, on a motion by Councilman Lawson, seconded by Councilman Jordan. the meeting was adjourned at 8:51 pm. Carried Unanimously.
Respectfully Submitted by:
Shelly Johnson, Town Clerk
The next meeting will be held on August 11, 2012 @ 7:30 PM.