Town of Harmony
Date: May 9, 2012
Time: 7:30 PM Regular Meeting
Place: Town Building
1001 Blockville – Watts Flats Rd
Ashville, NY 14710
Members Present: Todd Eddy Supervisor
Tim Card Highway Superintendent
William Lawson Councilman
Beverly Lubi Councilman
Peter Radka Councilman
Jeff Jordan Councilman
Shelly Johnson Town Clerk
Melanie Eddy Code Enforcement Officer
Supervisor Eddy opened the regular meeting of the Town of Harmony at 7:30 pm at the above time and place.
Approval of minutes
- Tabled until May meeting.
- Pam Brown was introduced to the Town Board as the new Town Historian. Mrs. Brown detailed things that she would like to accomplish as the new historian. She would like to start working on some historical markers for the Town and on preservation of the records currently stored in the town building. The Board welcomes Mrs. Brown and looks forward to working with her.
- No report
Zoning & Planning Board Update:
- Chairperson Cheryl Wares presented the lasted Comprehensive Plan draft to the Town Board. Board members review some areas that feel are still a problem and need to be addressed. Mrs. Wares will take all suggestions and ideas back to the Planning Board for review. The Town Clerk will forward some other town’s comprehensive plans to Mrs. Wares for review.
- The Board wishes to thank the Planning Board and Mrs. Wares for all their hard work on the plan.
Animal Control Officers Report:
- The Ag and Markets meeting has been completed and no violations were found.
Highway Superintendents Report:
- Superintendent Card stated that he will be contact with the Town Attorney in regards to the $28,000 bond that will be needed for purchase of new equipment.
On a motion by Councilman Lubi and seconded by Councilman Jordan the following resolution was
ADOPTED 5 ayes
Authorization for Highway Superintendent Card to begin the process for a Revenue Bond in the approximate amount of $28,000.00.
Roll Call Vote
Councilman Lawson aye
Councilman Radka aye
Councilman Jordan aye
Councilman Lubi aye
Supervisor Eddy aye
All ayes. So moved.
- The Annual Spring Clean up is coming up next weekend
- A resident from Hassam Rd has asked Superintendent Card for a variance to the No Parking on her road for a Memorial Day party. Superintendent Card noted that this was the same resident that requested the No Parking zone due to her neighbors parking on the road sides. Superintendent Card called the Town Attorney who said that he would advice against giving the variance. After a brief discussion the Board agreed that they would follow the Attorney’s advice and no variance will be issued.
- Superintendent Card presented the Board with an estimate for the asbestos removal test for $1500.00. Superintendent Card feels that if we are going to do a new roof we should do it right not just cover up what is there. Councilman Radka recommended a go ahead with the testing. We need to fix the roof before the siding is done. Money for the testing will be taken from the siding fund.
- Superintendent Card will also look into abatement company bids.
Town Clerk Report:
- Financial report
- Received bank balances.
- Received a check in the amount of $61,696.92 from Chautauqua County Department of Finance for Sales Tax revenue.
- Received a check from Roy Teitsworth, Inc. in the amount of $8500.00 from the sale of highway equipment.
- Received the statement of Citizens bank concerning the interest on the highway building fund. Still at 0%.
- Julie should have all town materials turned over the new accountants by June 1st. Councilman Lawson suggested that we have an exit interview with Julie in June to be sure that materials were successfully handed over.
- Received a notice from the Chautauqua County Department of Insurance in regards to Workers Compensation Ultimate Liability. The Town’s exit liability would be $67,751.00. The Board declines the exit liability.
Town Clerk presents bills for payment:
On a Motion of Councilman Lubi and Seconded by Councilman Radka the following resolution was
ADOPTED 5 Ayes Eddy, Lawson, Lubi, Jordan, Radka
Resolved that the bill be paid on Abstract #5 in the following amounts
General $3,063.61 Voucher #’s 82-102
Highway $13,484.82 Voucher #’s 67-83
With no further business, on a motion by Councilman Lawson, seconded by Councilman Lubi the meeting was adjourned at 9:40 pm. Carried Unanimously.
Respectfully Submitted by:
Shelly Johnson, Town Clerk
The next meeting will be held on June 13, 2012 @ 7:30 PM.