Town of Harmony
Date: March 14, 2012
Time: 7:30 PM Regular Meeting
Place: Town Building
1001 Blockville – Watts Flats Rd
Ashville, NY 14710
Members Present: Todd Eddy Supervisor
Beverly Lubi Councilman
Peter Radka Councilman
Jeff Jordan Councilman
Shelly Johnson Town Clerk
Melanie Eddy Code Enforcement Officer
Absent: Tim Card, William Lawson
Supervisor Eddy opened the regular meeting of the Town of Harmony at 7:30 pm at the above time and place.
Approval of minutes
On a motion by Councilman Lubi, seconded by Councilman Jordan the following resolution was
ADOPTED 4 Ayes Radka, Eddy, Jordan, Lubi
Resolved that the minutes of February 8, 2012 be approved.
- An error has been found in Local Law 1 of 2011. The minimum square footage requirement was not changed in Section 620 concerning mobile home standards. Mrs. Eddy will contact the Town Attorney concerning a revision of Section 620.
- Letters are going out to derelict properties in the Town of Harmony.
- Lee Fisher’s cars were removed from Blockville.
Zoning & Planning Board Update:
- No report
Animal Control Officers Report:
- No report
- Ag and Markets needs to make an appointment with Kevin to review his paperwork
Highway Superintendents Report:
- The new truck is being built so a Bond Anticipation Note will have to be taken out in April
- NYS Department of labor was here for an inspection of the building. The Town Disaster Plan needs to be updated and a work place violence training needs to be scheduled.
- Spring Clean up Dates will be May 18th and 19th. Times to be announced.
Town Clerk Report:
- Financial report was given by Town Clerk Shelly Johnson
- Received bank balances.
- We received no interest from Citizens Bank for last month
- Received a check for Court Fines and Fees that was given to the book keeper for deposit.
- Supervisor Eddy delivered a letter to Teresa Johnson thanking her for her years of service at Town Historian.
- Pam Brown has been appointed the new Town Historian.
- Received the Tax Collectors report
- Received a letter concerning the franchise fees for the Town of Harmony
- Councilman Radka reported that the building committee has met. He would recommend the Board hire an independent engineer to evaluate the current building. He would also like to see a “needs” list vs. a “wish” list.
- Councilman Lubi reported that she and Councilman Lawson met with the accounting firm of Bahgat and Laurit-Bahgat to discuss using them for our accounting firm. Councilman Lubi reported that they found them to be very professional and seemed to meet all the needs of the Town. Supervisor Eddy asked if they firm had come up with better pricing considering the size of our town. Councilman Lubi said she would approach them about throwing in the payroll cost. It was requested that Bahgat and Laurit-Bahgat attend a town board meeting next month. Councilman Lubi will make the arrangements. Councilman Lubi wanted it noted that Julie Nagel spoke to her about her resigning her position as book keeper. Mrs. Nagel would like it to be known that she has always done a professional job but with new mandates and needing to computerize more and more she feels this will be for the best. The Board agreed that Mrs. Nagel has always done a wonderful job for the Town.
- The April meeting will be moved to the 18th to accommodate members of the Town Board who will be out of town on the 11th.
Town Clerk presents bills for payment:
On a Motion of Councilman Lubi and Seconded by Councilman Radka the following resolution was
ADOPTED 4 Ayes Eddy, Radka, Lubi, Jordan
Resolved that the bill be paid on Abstract # in the following amounts
General $17,845.51 Voucher #’s 42-57
Highway $14,075.33 Voucher #’s 26-46
With no further business, on a motion by Councilman Jordan, seconded by Councilman Lubi the meeting was adjourned at 8:55 pm. Carried Unanimously.
Respectfully Submitted by:
Shelly Johnson, Town Clerk
The next meeting will be held on April 18, 2012 @ 7:30 PM.