Town of Harmony
Date: February 8, 2012
Time: 7:30 PM Regular Meeting
Place: Town Building
1001 Blockville – Watts Flats Rd
Ashville, NY 14710
Members Present: Todd Eddy Supervisor
Tim Card Highway Superintendent
William Lawson Councilman
Beverly Lubi Councilman
Peter Radka Councilman
Jeff Jordan Councilman
Shelly Johnson Town Clerk
Melanie Eddy Code Enforcement Officer
Supervisor Eddy opened the regular meeting of the Town of Harmony at 7:30 pm at the above time and place.
Approval of minutes
On a motion by Councilman Lubi, seconded by Councilman Jordan the following resolution was
ADOPTED 5 Ayes Eddy, Lawson, Lubi, Radka, Jordan
Resolved that the minutes of January 4, 2012 be approved.
- No permits issued
- CEO Eddy went to court for Lee Fisher’s unlicensed vehicles in Blockville. Mr. Fisher was suppose to move the vehicles last week but has not. The next court appearance will be February 27th. Mr. Fisher also threatened CEO Eddy on his way out of court. A police report has been filed.
Zoning & Planning Board Update:
- The Planning Board Chairman will return to town February 14th. Work on the comprehensive plan will continue and should be wraped up by April for the Town Boards review.
Animal Control Officers Report:
- No report
Highway Superintendents Report:
- Superintendent Card presented the agreement for the spendature of highway funds for the Town Boards approval and signatures. All members signed agreement and it will be put on file at the Town Building.
- The roof over the meeting room was repaired. However, the roof over the truck bays is leaking more and more. Initial quotes were in the $27,900 range. A discussion was held concerning the most efficient way to fix the roof. Superintendent Card will look into more quotes and to possible using trusses and metal roof construction over the rubber roof.
- Quotes were presented for security camera and surveillance for the highway building. Up to 8 cameras and DVR with remote access around $1995.00.
- Siding of the highway building was also discussed. Insulation and steel siding will run approximately $5000. Form board and cement like spray will run about $3500 – $4000.00.
- It is Superintendent Card’s opinion that we spend the money we have in the building fund now to fix the building and bring it back to a presentable shape. There was discussion on how the resolution to set up the building fund was done. The Town Clerk will look into the old minutes and report to the Supervisor Eddy.
- Councilman Lawson reported that he had been investigating the possibility of grant money from the USDA. He will keep the board informed on what he finds out.
Town Clerk Report:
- Town Clerk presented the January Financial report
- A thank you note from the Harmony Senior Citizens was read.
- Received bank balances.
- Citizens Bank interest was only .33 this month. Supervisor Eddy will look into other places to put the highway building money.
- Received a check from Chautauqua County Department of Finance for Sales Tax Distribution. This was given to the book keeper for deposit.
- Computer for the book keeper was been put on hold. The Supervisor will talk to the book keeper about the future of the position and if she is interested in moving forward.
- Supervisor Eddy would like to re-consider the appointment of the Town Historian. It was come to his attention that the process of preserving the Town history could be done better. A letter will be drafted to the current historian thanking her for her years of service and asking her to return any and all town materials and her town building key.
- The Court Audit has been completed.
On a motion by Councilman Radka and seconded by Councilman Jordan the following resolution was
ADOPTED 3 ayes Eddy, Radka, Jordan
2 abstain Lubi, Lawson
The audit report given by Councilman Lubi and Councilman Lawson is hereby accepted by the Town of Harmony Town Board.
The Town Clerk will forward the motion to the State of New York Unified Court System.
- A copy of the Chautauqua County petition and notice of Tax lien foreclosure was given to the Board.
- A copy of the Accounts Payable Report from Chautauqua County was given to the Board.
Town Clerk presents bills for payment:
On a Motion of Councilman Lubi and Seconded by Councilman Radka the following resolution was
ADOPTED 5 Ayes
Resolved that the bill be paid on Abstract # 2 in the following amounts
General $4,844.51 Voucher #’s 18-41
Highway $26,555.98 Voucher #’s 12-25
With no further business, on a motion by Councilman Lawson, seconded by Councilman Lubi the meeting was adjourned at 9:18 pm. Carried Unanimously.
Respectfully Submitted by:
Shelly Johnson, Town Clerk
The next meeting will be held on March 14, 2012 @ 7:30 PM.