Town of Harmony
Time: 7:30 PM Regular Meeting
Place: Town Building
1001 Blockville – Watts Flats Rd
Ashville, NY 14710
Councilman Lubi administered Oath of Offices to the following
Councilman Jeff Jordan
Highway Superintendent Tim Card
Town Clerk Shelly Johnson
Deputy Town Clerk Vicki Torres
Tax Collector Carrie Finnerty
Members Present: Todd Eddy Supervisor
Tim Card Highway Superintendent
William Lawson Councilman
Beverly Lubi Councilman
Jeff Jordan Councilman
Shelly Johnson Town Clerk
Absent: Melanie Eddy Code Enforcement
Deputy Supervisor William Lawson opened the regular meeting of the Town of Harmony at 7:31 pm at the above time and place.
Deputy Supervisor William Lawson appointed Todd Eddy to the position of Town Supervisor to fill the vacancy left by the resignation of Mark Stow.
Councilman Lawson excused himself from the rest of the meeting at this time.
Approval of minutes
On a motion by Councilman Lubi, seconded by Councilman Jordan the following resolution was
ADOPTED 3 Ayes Lubi, Jordan, Eddy
Resolved that the minutes of December 14, 2011 be approved.
Supervisor administered the Oath of Office for Town Councilman to Pete Radka. Mr. Radka will be filing the vacancy left by Mark Stow’s resignation in December.
- 1 permit issued
- CEO mandated training complete for 2011
- Issued to warning for junk vehicles
- Chester Stratton reportedly was letting Lee Fisher store junk vehicles in his gravel pit.
- Lee Fisher has several junk vehicles in Blockville he has been ordered to remove.
Zoning & Planning Board Update:
- Supervisor Eddy spoke to the Planning Board members and they are ready to get back to work after a holiday break.
- It was suggested that the Planning Board appoint a deputy Chairman so they can continue to have meets if the Chairman is out of town.
- The Zoning Board of Appeals is a full board with no vacancies
Animal Control Officers Report:
- As read by the Town Clerk
- Two incidents of strays being transported to the Humane Society
Highway Superintendents Report:
- Highway Superintendent Card reported that he is looking in to possible recycling options for elections.
Town Clerk Report:
- No bank balances for this meeting
- Supervisor Eddy is working with the Book keeper to get the software needed to get all Town financials up to date.
Resolutions for 2012 attached.
Town Clerk presents bills for payment:
On a Motion of Councilman Jordan and Seconded by Councilman Lubi the following resolution was
ADOPTED 5 Ayes Lawson, Radka, Jordan, Lubi, Eddy
Resolved that the bill be paid on Abstract #1 in the following amounts
General $3,681.11 Voucher #’s 1-17
Highway $2,667.84 Voucher #’s 1-11
With no further business, on a motion by Councilman Lubi, seconded by Councilman Jordan the meeting was adjourned at 8:45 pm. Carried Unanimously.
Respectfully Submitted by:
Shelly Johnson, Town Clerk
The next meeting will be held on February 8, 2012 @ 7:30 PM.