Town of Harmony
Date: December 14, 2011
Time: 7:30 PM Regular Meeting
Place: Town Building
1001 Blockville – Watts Flats Rd
Ashville, NY 14710
Members Present: Todd Eddy Supervisor
Tim Card Highway Superintendent
William Lawson Councilman
Beverly Lubi Councilman
Michael Sard Councilman
Shelly Johnson Town Clerk
Melanie Eddy Code Enforcement Officer
Supervisor Eddy opened the regular meeting of the Town of Harmony at 7:30 pm at the above time and place.
Approval of minutes
On a motion by Councilman Lubi, seconded by Councilman Lawson the following resolution was
ADOPTED 4 Ayes Eddy, Lawson, Lubi, Sard
Resolved that the minutes of November 9, 2011 be approved.
- 3 permits
Zoning & Planning Board Update:
- No report
Animal Control Officers Report:
- No report
Highway Superintendents Report:
- The Transfer Station will be open its normal hours on Saturday Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve.
- The prices for the new truck are in
Boyles – chassis $81,462
Henderson’s – body $35,142
Wing – $7,745
Truck is ordered and should be in by March.
- Jamestown Roofing was in to repair the highway building roof.
Town Clerk Report:
- Presented court reports for Audit
- Councilman Lubi was appointed by Supervisor Eddy to fill the vacancy on the Court Audit committee left by Supervisor Stow
- With great regret that Town Clerk Shelly Johnson received Councilman Stow’s resignation from the Town Board as well as the upcoming Supervisors position. Councilman Stow is stepping down for personal reasons.
- Reported that the Tax Cap Audit went well with only a few corrections to be made by the book keeper
- Received bank balances.
- Received a check from NYS for Court fines and fee. This was given to Julie for deposit
- Received the interest statement from Citizen’s bank
- Received a check from Chautauqua County for the quarterly mortgage tax
- Supervisor Eddy and Julie Nagel, book keeper are looking in to software for the Town so that monthly supervisor reports can be generated.
- The Unified Court System Audit was not completed due to the Judge not providing enough information.
- No New Business
Town Clerk presents bills for payment:
On a Motion of Councilman Lawson and Seconded by Councilman Sard the following resolution was
ADOPTED 4 Ayes Eddy, Sard, Lawson, Lubi
Resolved that the bill be paid on Abstract #11 in the following amounts
General $5,481.51 Voucher #’s 204-221
Highway $6,880.92 Voucher #’s 174-187
With no further business, on a motion by Councilman Lawson, seconded by Councilman Stow the meeting was adjourned at 8:30 pm. Carried Unanimously.
Respectfully Submitted by:
Shelly Johnson, Town Clerk
REORGANIZATIONAL MEETING JANUARY 4
The next meeting will be held on January 4, 2012 @ 7:30 PM.