Town of Harmony
Date: May 11, 2011
Time: 7:30 PM Regular Meeting
Place: Town Building
1001 Blockville – Watts Flats Rd
Ashville, NY 14710
Members Present: Todd Eddy Supervisor
Tim Card Highway Superintendent
William Lawson Councilman
Beverly Lubi Councilman
Mark Stow Councilman
Michael Sard Councilman
Shelly Johnson Town Clerk
Absent: Melanie Eddy Code Enforcement Officer
Supervisor Eddy opened the regular meeting of the Town of Harmony at 7:30 pm at the above time and place.
Approval of minutes
On a motion by Councilman Stow, seconded by Councilman Sard the following resolution was
ADOPTED 5 Ayes Lawson, Stow, Eddy, Sard, Lubi
Resolved that the minutes of April 13, 2011 be approved.
- Eight letters for demolition have been sent out.
- Working on property maintenance
Zoning & Planning Board Update:
- No report
Animal Control Officers Report:
- As read by the Town Clerk
Highway Superintendents Report:
- Clean up Days will be May 20 4-8 pm May 21 9 – 4 pm
- Jamestown Roofing will be fixing the roof over the meeting room and the truck bays this week. Severe leaks in both
- The new loader is in
- The new pick up should be in service by Thurs. or Friday.
Town Clerk Report:
- Dates were discussed for the annual rabies clinic. Tentative date of September was decided on. The Town Clerk will check with the Health Department and see what’s available.
- Bank balances not available
- Received a check from Chautauqua County for Sales Tax distribution
- Received interest statement from Citizens Bank for the Building Fund
- Councilman Stow reported that he met with Valerie Pedigo, Chairman of the Planning Board. Changes will be taken back to the Planning Board.
- Councilman Sard commented that we need to complete the Comprehensive plan so that we can move forward with the new building plans.
- Youth Recreation Program
On a motion by Councilman Lawson and Seconded by Councilman Sard the following resolution was
ADOPTED 3 Ayes Lawson, Stow, Eddy,
2 Nays Sard, Lubi
The Youth Recreation program for the Town of Harmony in conjunction with the Town of North Harmony will not be held this year.
Roll Call Vote
Other alternative such as a community pool day will be looked into by Councilman Stow.
- Correspondence received from Independent Oil & Gas Association of New York
Town Clerk presents bills for payment:
On a Motion of Councilman Lubi and Seconded by Councilman Stow the following resolution was
ADOPTED 5 Ayes
Resolved that the bill be paid on Abstract #5 in the following amounts
General $4,432.91 Voucher #’s 75-95
Highway $18815.34 Voucher #’s 69-89
With no further business, on a motion by Councilman Lawson, seconded by Councilman Stow the meeting was adjourned. Carried Unanimously.
Respectfully Submitted by:
Shelly Johnson, Town Clerk
The next meeting will be held on June 8, 2011 @ 7:30 PM.