Town of Harmony
Date: April 13, 2011
Time: 7:30 PM Regular Meeting
Place: Town Building
1001 Blockville – Watts Flats Rd
Ashville, NY 14710
Members Present: Todd Eddy Supervisor
William Lawson Councilman
Beverly Lubi Councilman
Mark Stow Councilman
Michael Sard Councilman
Shelly Johnson Town Clerk
Absent: Melanie Eddy Code Enforcement Officer,
Tim Card Highway Superintendent
Visitors: Hoag Road Resident
Supervisor Eddy opened the regular meeting of the Town of Harmony at 7:30 pm at the above time and place.
Approval of minutes
On a motion by Councilman Lubi, seconded by Councilman Lawson the following resolution was
ADOPTED 5 Ayes Eddy, Lawson, Lubi, Stow, Sard
Resolved that the minutes of March 9, 2011 be approved.
- As read by Supervisor Eddy.
- 3 permits issued
- Property Maintenance letters going out soon
- Councilman Lawson requested the CEO look into a garage/barn on Button Valley Rd.
Zoning & Planning Board Update:
- No Report
Animal Control Officers Report:
- As read by the Town Clerk
Highway Superintendents Report:
- Clean up days are tentatively set for May 20th and 21st
- The fuel tanks behind the Town Building have been tampered with twice in one week. Superintendent Card will be looking into a camera video security system
Town Clerk Report:
- Thank you to everyone who helped install the new playground equipment at the Watts Flats Park. We have had many, many positive compliments on it.
Mr. Andy Ohl’s from Hoag road asked the Town Board to please contact the Sheriff’s department concerning better speed patrols on Hoag rd. He asked also if another speed limit sign could be put up near his residence. Supervisor Eddy will contact the Sheriff and ask Superintendent Card about the sign.
- Received bank balances.
- Received a invitation to the Bemus Point Stow Ferry Bicentennial on July 8
- Received correspondence for the highway department
- Councilman Stow commented on a letter received by the Town concerning youth rec funding. There are no concrete numbers as too how much the State will be putting into youth rec this year. Also, it appears that we will need to get a permit for the program. Councilman Stow will keep the board informed.
- The comprehensive plan was distributed to board members at the March meeting. Comments were passed along to Ms. Pedigo from several board members. Councilman Stow will be meeting with Ms. Pedigo and the planning board to discuss changes that the Board members want in the plan. The board agreed that the document shows much hard work but there are some areas they feel that need to be addressed. The plan can not move forward until the Board approves it.
- Received a letter from Independent Towers Holdings LLC concerning cell towers
- Received a letter from the Panama Union Cemetery requesting funds from the town. The Board feels at this time, given our current budget and the economic climate that they will have to say no.
Town Clerk presents bills for payment:
On a Motion of Councilman Lubi and Seconded by Councilman Sard the following resolution was
ADOPTED 5 Ayes
Resolved that the bill be paid on Abstract #4 in the following amounts
General $25,952.80 Voucher #’s 47-74
Highway $17,319.23 Voucher #’s 52-68
With no further business, on a motion by Councilman Lawson, seconded by Councilman
Stow the meeting was adjourned at 9:20 pm. Carried Unanimously.
Respectfully Submitted by:
Shelly Johnson, Town Clerk
The next meeting will be held on May 11, 2011 @ 7:30 PM.