Town of Harmony
Date: September 8, 2010
Time: 7:30 PM Regular Meeting
Place: Town Building
1001 Blockville – Watts Flats Rd
Ashville, NY 14710
Members Present: Todd Eddy Supervisor
Tim Card Highway Superintendent
William Lawson Councilman
Beverly Lubi Councilman
Michael Sard Councilman
Shelly Johnson Town Clerk
Melanie Eddy Code Enforcement Officer
Absent: Mark Stow Councilman
Supervisor Eddy opened the regular meeting of the Town of Harmony at 7:30 pm at the above time and place.
Approval of minutes
On a motion by Councilman Sard, seconded by Councilman Lubi the following resolution was
ADOPTED 3 Ayes Sard, Lubi, Eddy
Resolved that the minutes of August 11, 2010 be approved.
- 4 permit issued
- Resident who is trying to sell her house will be brought into compliance first. New addition was never properly permitted.
Zoning & Planning Board Update:
- No Report
Animal Control Officers Report:
- No Report
Highway Superintendents Report:
- Superintendent Card reported that the excavator was involved in an accident. No serious injuries were reported.
- Project completed this summer included the paving of Willets rd and Waltonian Rd. and the resurfacing of Eddy rd.
- They have also surface treated 3.5 miles of roads.
- Summer maintenance is almost complete
Town Clerk Report:
Received a letter from the Harmony Historical Society stating that they do not hold items on loan.
On a motion from Councilman Lawson and seconded by Councilman Sard the following resolution was
ADOPTED 4 aye Lawson, Lubi, Sard, Eddy
Resolved that the Town of Harmony donated one lever voting machine to the Harmony Historical Society.
- Received bank balances.
- Received a check from the NYS for Court fines and fees
- Received a check from Chautauqua County for Tax Collector fees
- Received correspondence from Time Warner Cable
- Association of Towns Dues reminder
- CD rates were down too low to roll the CD over so the money has been placed in a savings account at Citizen Bank.
- The Deputy Supervisor (William Lawson) will be added to the savings account for emergency purposes
- The legal notice for the public hearing will be run for October 13, 2010 at 7:15 pm
- Justice Court books were given to the audit committee
- The Tax Collector informed the Town Clerk that there is new software available for free from the County for tax collection. She is asking the Town to purchase a lap top for this use. She would also like to use the same laptop for School Tax collection. The issue was discussed and if the school is willing to pay for ½ the computer then it maybe used for collection of both taxes.
Town Clerk presents bills for payment:
On a Motion of Councilman Sard and Seconded by Councilman Lawson the following resolution was
ADOPTED 4 Ayes Lawson, Lubi, Sard, Eddy
Resolved that the bill be paid on Abstract #9 in the following amounts
General $3451.05 Voucher #’s 145-159
Highway $97633.12 Voucher #’s 142-155
With no further business, on a motion by Councilman Lawson, seconded by Councilman Lawson the meeting was adjourned at 8:20 pm. Carried Unanimously.
Respectfully Submitted by:
Shelly Johnson, Town Clerk
The next meeting will be held on October 13 , 2010 @ 7:15 PM.
Public Hearing 7:15 pm