Town of Harmony
Date: June 9, 2010
Time: 7:30 PM Regular Meeting
Place: Town Building
1001 Blockville – Watts Flats Rd
Ashville, NY 14710
Members Present: Todd Eddy Supervisor
William Lawson Councilman
Beverly Lubi Councilman
Mark Stow Councilman
Shelly Johnson Town Clerk
Melanie Eddy Code Enforcement Officer
Absent: Tim Card and Michael Sard
Visitors: Teresa Johnson Historian
Supervisor Eddy opened the regular meeting of the Town of Harmony at 7:30 pm at the above time and place.
Approval of minutes
On a motion by Councilman Stow, seconded by Councilman Lawson the following resolution was
ADOPTED 4 Ayes Lawson, Stow, Lubi, Eddy
Resolved that the minutes of May 12, 2010 be approved.
- 4 permits issued
- Property Maintenance letters went out
- Goodman Services have brined their driveway to try and hold down the dust.
- Councilman Lawson would like the matter of metal in the road to be addressed again. He personally had two pieces in his own tires this week. The CEO will let them know but she urged Councilman Lawson to call also.
- Teresa Johnson presented her report on her activities to date
- She is working on indexing some materials for the Town and in helping with the Bicentennial for the County.
Zoning & Planning Board Update:
- The Comprehensive Plan is near completion
- Some concerns of the Planning Committee include having them be part of the building committee. The Board asked the Town Clerk to let Ms. Pedigo (Chairman) know that we do have a building committee in place.
- Another concern was that currently we have a Planning Board and a Zoning Board of Appeals. Ms. Pedigo attended a conference in May where she learned that we possibly need another committee for Zoning that is not the Appeals board. Supervisor Eddy will look in to the matter with the Town Attorney.
Animal Control Officers Report:
- As read by the Town Clerk
Highway Superintendents Report:
- No report
Town Clerk Report:
- Rabies Clinic is set for July 17, 2010 from 9 am – Noon at the Highway building
- Received the Quarterly Statement for the Justice Court
- Presented the Joint Municipal Recreation Program Agreement for 2010 for Supervisor Eddy’s signature
- Received bank balances.
- Received a check from Chautauqua County Finance for Mortgage Tax. This was given to the book keeper for deposit.
- Received a check from New York State Department of Taxation and Finance for Court Fines/Fees. This was given to the book keeper for deposit.
- Received a letter from the Board of Elections outlining their reasons for wanting to move the polling place from the Panama Central School to the Panama Methodist Church. The Town Board is still not satisfied with their answers.
- Potable water zoning will be sent on to the Town attorney for review. Tentative public hearing date will be September 8, 2010.
- Received Notice from the Office of Real Property Services that the tentative equalization rate for the town is 99%
- Received the 2010 Contract for services from the Chautauqua County Humane Society.
On a motion by Councilman Stow and Seconded by Councilman Lawson the following resolution was
ADOPTED 4 aye Lawson, Stow, Lubi, Eddy
The Town of Harmony agrees to enter in to a contract with the Chautauqua County Humane Society for the purpose of holding stray animals.
- Received the report on Grievance Day from Randy Holcomb, Town Assessor
Town Clerk presents bills for payment:
On a Motion of Councilman Lubi and Seconded by Councilman Stow the following resolution was
ADOPTED 4 Ayes Lawson, Lubi, Stow, Eddy
Resolved that the bill be paid on Abstract # in the following amounts
General $8,884.09 Voucher #’s 98-115
Highway $20,299.67 Voucher #’s 93-105
With no further business, on a motion by Councilman Lawson, seconded by Councilman Stow the meeting was adjourned at 8:30 pm. Carried Unanimously.
Respectfully Submitted by:
Shelly Johnson, Town Clerk
The next meeting will be held on July 14, 2010 @ 7:30 PM.